"As we seek the Lord's help and in His strength, we can gradually reduce the disparity between what we say and what we do, between expressing love and consistently showing it, and between bearing testimony and steadfastly living it. We can become more diligent and concerned at home as we are more faithful in learning, living, and loving the restored gospel of Jesus Christ." David A. Bednar
True Blue Charmer
Sunday, July 21, 2013
Longing for Home Review
Katie Macauley has traveled far west to Wyoming after being hired as a housekeeper. She is a fighter and a survivor through hardship. She relies only on herself after being forced to be on her own since she was eight years old. She struggles with a past that she can't find peace with. She arrives in Wyoming hoping to save ultimately to return to Ireland to make amends with her past only to find a feud that she ultimately kindles.
Two men catch her attention. One is from her Irish blood and is a charming tease named Tavish. The other is her employer who tries to keep her at arms length because there would be no future for them together with the feud boiling to a point of violence. Katie must learn to find a way to earn her keep without trying to stir bad blood. No matter what she does, she finds that she is right in the middle of it. Each side is using her for a cause to fight. Katie faces the past and opens up to both men hoping to find some peace.
Sarah Eden has done a excellent job of showing the hatred of the Irish even in a small town in Wyoming. I was so amazed how deep the prejudice went. I could not believe that after the hardship of the Irish from the famine, that there would be such cruelty and harsh treatment of the Irish. I remember it from history just did not realize it went so far as to go even as far as Wyoming. I liked that Katie tried so hard to stay neutral from the hostile feud, but yet ended up being pulled into the middle of it. I have mixed emotions as to whom she chooses to be with, but I understand. I am eager to read the sequel to this to find out the outcome of this story. Katie pulled on my heart strings and I would recommend this book to anyone.
I received this free complementary book from Shadow Mountain Publishing for my honest opinion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment