I really enjoyed reading this story about Evangeline and Westley. I was intrigued from the moment that I read that she was the ward of Royalty and yet she was a prisoner within her castle walls. Evangeline finds herself in an arranged marriage to a man she loathes. She desires to be free. So she sets out on an adventure of escape with some servants from another land. In order to disguise herself, she pretends to be mute since she is well known for her singing voice.
Westley has pity for the girl who joins his band with no voice. She seems to have been wronged in so many ways by her previous employer. He yearns to know her better and finds himself drawn to her. His is a wealthy Lord's son and at his estate Evangeline finds work. He and others begin to wonder about her as she seems to not have any skills in everyday labor.
This is one of those books that you read on a rainy day. It has lots of romance, mystery, adventure, and laughs. I would recommend this book. I received a copy of this novel from Thomas Nelson-Fiction publishing, courtesy of NetGalley in return for my honest review.

No comments:
Post a Comment