"As we seek the Lord's help and in His strength, we can gradually reduce the disparity between what we say and what we do, between expressing love and consistently showing it, and between bearing testimony and steadfastly living it. We can become more diligent and concerned at home as we are more faithful in learning, living, and loving the restored gospel of Jesus Christ." David A. Bednar
True Blue Charmer
Monday, February 4, 2013
The Tudor's Daughter Review
Emma Smallwood is a dutiful daughter. She takes care of her father in every way from helping him teach at his school to worrying over their financial situation. She takes and chance and ends up on a journey that changes her life forever.
She follows her father to a Cliff top Manor to tudor two youngest sons of a Baron. She is hesitant to leave her well established life because she fears meeting the the oldest son, Henry because they were not friends. She hopes the second son, Phillip is there because he was her friend.
She finds that at her temporary residence at the Cliff Manor that all is not what it seems. Mystery and mischief lurk there. She finds herself wondering if a past nemesis is recreating mischief, but yet she finds herself drawn to a side she has never seen of him.
I found that Julie Klassen wrote another excellent story. I enjoyed the mystery that she weaved in this story. I was constantly guessing wrong conclusions as to who was behind the chaos at the Manor. I loved that Emma realized that people change and I found her romance to be sweetly written. I would definitely recommend this book as a favorite read and one I will read over and over.
I was given this complimentary book from Bethany House for my honest and unbiased opinion to share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment