True Blue Charmer

Monday, September 6, 2010

BBQ

Yesterday was a very nice day. We went to my brother Kelly's ward to see his little girl get her baby blessing. Kelly is in a spanish ward and we wore headsets for interpretation. The spirit was there strongly. It is such a small branch but it is growing bit by bit. It was neat to see my brother give his little girl a blessing. I was extremely touched to see my sweet husband in the circle along with my father.

After Sacrament Meeting, I took Levi out behind the church to wait for everyone to join us. I let him down thinking he would stay on the grass, but not my boy. He started to take off. I ran to catch him and did not know the grass was uneven. So I did a graceful fall in front of my Uncle and cousin. I bravely put on a face of "I'm ok" and got up just as ungraceful. I still managed to catch my son. No more was said on it. We went to my Dad's house for the BBQ. I limped ever so gently around. I thought no more of it. It was good to be with the family. To see my nephew play with Levi was so great. A few months ago, he thought he was annoying and now Lamoni seemed to have a ball with Levi. The food was great, the company was the best, the flys were annoying, and we were sorry to leave.

My foot has since swollen up and has been tender. I know it's just a sprain but ooohhh it makes me mad. I was truly hoping to do a lot of exercising while Martha was vacationing to show that I was doing what I need to be doing. So much for that. Ugh....seems like when it rains, it pours with things.

No comments:

Post a Comment