True Blue Charmer

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

No Time Like Today

On Friday, we went over to get our family pictures done. The ones Levi took were adorable. The pictures Mike and I got together were cute. I knew I had put on some weight and have been trying to get it off, but reality hit when I saw those pictures. I needed to refocus my energy and time to be more physically fit. I had just gotten up that morning and did a 3 mile walk as well as one the night before with my friend Martha. It was evident to me that I was just not doing enough. 3-4 times a week just was not cutting it. I need to do more to be active.

It occurred to me that during the day when it is just me and Levi, I am not very active. I play with him a bit but I am not walking or moving much. Well I decided that even if I did a short walk in the mornings and then go work out with Martha, I will feel better. So yesterday that's what I did. I did a mile walk in my living room with my 16 month coach cheering me on. Then Martha and I did a new routine and even though it about killed us, it was fabulous. We did the intermediate workout. I feel it today. As I watched the videos yesterday of the new program...I just liked what Debbie, the trainer, said..."just get up and move." It really hit home. So that's going to be my new motto from now on.

I did her video today of the warmup, abs workout, lower body workout, and cool down. It lasted about 24 minutes. I am going to do a 2 mile walk this afternoon. That's what it is about...."Just get up and move!"

No comments:

Post a Comment