True Blue Charmer

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Follow the Heart Review


Follow the Heart is about a Kate, a woman considered to be a spinster, who is jilted and forced by her father to go to England to live with her mother's brother. She is escorted by her brother, Christopher and both are told to marry wealthy to save the family from financial ruin. Kate has not much experience being courted by men let alone English aristocrats. She feels a strong pull to follow the mandate given by her father until she meets Andrew Lawton, an English Landscaper who works for her uncle. Kate strives to follow the strict code of conduct and tame her heart just as Andrew tames his plants, but her heart longs to be wild and free to choose her own path to Andrew. At a point in the story she meets a crossroads where she must make the ultimate decision to sacrifice her love or her family.

I really liked this story about Kate and how she is overwhelmed with responsibility. I could feel as if I was with her at being torn between duty and love. I felt the love between her and Andrew seemed to grow and the fight they gave to prevent it from developing. I only wished the author had show more of the building of romance between them. I really liked Christopher. He was a good brother who looked after Kate and I liked his approach to living his life to be happy rather than conforming to his father's edict. I only wished I could have seen Edith get a taste of her own medicine by the Uncle. Overall it was a great read and one that I should read again.

I received this complementary copy of Follow the Heart from B&H Publishing Group for my honest and unbiased opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment