Julianna is not the Lady she was supposed to be. Robbed of her birthright from her uncle and cousin she hates more than anything, she fights to provide for her people against their tyranny. She is headstrong and feisty. She robs the rich to feed her people without concern for her life. She makes one decision to rob the one who sees her through her disguise and longs to see the woman within.
Lord Collin Goodrich is back home from serving with the Noblest Knight. He is used to purpose and now his life has no purpose. He has all the wealth he needs, but lacks the entertainment he craves. He is at a loss with what to do with himself until he meets a robber unlike any robber he has ever encountered. Suddenly he is very curious about this woman who fights to survive along with her people.
This is the second book in a series by Jody Hedlund. It is a light read full of adventure and romance. Collin and Julianna's story is definitely worth the read. I enjoyed their banter back and forth. The characters are well defined. If you read the first book, An Uncertain Choice, you will know a bit of Collin before. I have read both books and enjoyed both. I must admit that Sir Derrick is definitely my favorite of the three knights so far. I like Collin but Derrick is more rugged and mysterious. I look forward to reading about Sir Bennet in her next book.
I received a copy courtesy from Zondervan Publishers through Net Galley for my honest opinion.

No comments:
Post a Comment