"As we seek the Lord's help and in His strength, we can gradually reduce the disparity between what we say and what we do, between expressing love and consistently showing it, and between bearing testimony and steadfastly living it. We can become more diligent and concerned at home as we are more faithful in learning, living, and loving the restored gospel of Jesus Christ." David A. Bednar
True Blue Charmer
Wednesday, February 24, 2016
The Relunctant Duchess Review
Brice Myerston, Duke of Nottingham has just lost his father and wants nothing more than to relax and figure out his next plans in apprehending those who tried to harm his friends. Instead he is caught in a parsons trap and follows through with marriage to a Highlander girl who is broken and needs his help more than ever.
Lady Rowena Kinnaird comes from an abusive home where she has lost much of herself. She finds herself becoming more of a shell and longs to escape her life. Her only hope lies with the Brice Myerston when he offers to marry her.
Once married, two strangers work to find a means to overcome their differences, past hurts, rare gems, and those who would destroy their marriage.
This is the second book in the Ladies of the Manor series. I enjoyed reading this continuation of the story. I really felt for Rowena and all she suffered. I thought Brice was incredible with all the patience and faith he had to help her overcome her fears. I liked how Brice may have seemed the perfect man, but there were weaknesses even he had that he never realized. There is a lot of adventure, mystery, and romance as there was with the first. I recommend this for anyone looking for those things to read.
I received a copy of this book from Bethany House Publishers through Net Galley for my honest review.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment