Nicholas Langdon is unwillingly pulled in to find french sympathizers who will do harm to those fighting the war on the continent for England. In doing so, he meets Julia Grey who is orphaned and relies on the kindness of relations known as the Wilherns. Julia Grey is accomplished and very much the lady. She fights an attraction to Nicholas though her cousin wishes him for herself. Nicholas fights his attraction for Julia though he is trying to get closer to the Wilherns through her cousin. The Wilherns are under suspicion and it will take both Julia and Nicholas to find whether the Wilherns are indeed working with the French.
I enjoyed this book. It is well written with intrigue, adventure, and a bit of romance. The characters were well thought out and I felt a connection to each of them. If you want a good, clean adventure with romance to read on a rainy afternoon, this would be the book for you. It is a story I could read again and add to my library.
I received a free copy of this book by Netgalley and gave it my honest and unbiased opinion.

No comments:
Post a Comment